Sunday, November 23, 2014

Settling In

We had this wonderful plan.  We decided that instead of moving everything all at once and having a huge hectic weekend, we would hang onto the rental house for another month, and slowly move items over.

My parents came up and helped me and the kids load up the "heavy" items. ( Jeff has this tradition of always having to work on the day we pick to move, I'm beginning to think he just goes and hides out somewhere...) The beds, couches, tables, that sort of thing.   We also moved over about 1/2 of my kitchen items, and clothing for everyone.  Great! Now we could officially sleep at the new house, and move over the other household items as necessary, or as fit in the back of the suburban (which isn't as much as you might think since it is always full of children).

That was 2 weeks ago. Now I am wishing we had just loaded everything up and moved it all at once.  I am never sure if things are here or at the "town house".  Every time we go into town, I feel like it is my obligation to stop and pack up more things, but, if you couldn't guess, packing with 6 kiddos around, no matter how good they are, isn't an easy task. Everything takes 5, no 6, times longer than you think it will, and the little one is always going around behind pulling out the items you JUST got packed.  Grrr, Its a good thing he is cute!


On a good note, we have gotten everything (mostly) out of the upstairs and brought to the county house, but we still have the basement and the dreaded garage. Now, I am not much of a pack rat.  I don't hang on to very many extra clothes for the kids, or knick knacks in the hopes that one day i will be able to put them somewhere and not have little hands breaking them.  I am not a hugely sentimental person, so I don't keep a lot of momentos, BUT WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF STUFF!  I mean really! What are we going to do with it all?  We do not have a garage or out building yet to store it all, and yet most of the stuff is nessesary (really, it is!) sooo, if you read the previous post you know that we put all the kids into one room to sleep (yup, well all but the baby, whos not a baby anymore) so that we could use the third bedroom for "other things". Well guess what, that "other thing" is storage.  I will have to post a picture once we get it all in there. Lets just hope that it all fits, AND that we will be able to put up the barn we want sooner, rather than later!

Well, I better get to unpacking boxes, my hubby is supposed to be bringing the next load with him soon, so maybe I will be able to find that other box of school books that im missing? After all, it is so much easier to move it a little at a time....... RIGHT?!?! Lesson Learned!

Special thanks to my Cheyenne Friends and MOPS group for being extra patient with my the last couple of months. I might look like I have it all together (wait, who am i kidding, even a stranger could tell I dont lol) But i promise that I will return to my normal self soon....  next month maybe, or perhaps by the new year? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment