Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas photos anyone?

It has been a struggle. Ever since this summer, it has been on my list of things to do, and yet I can't seem to get it done.  We are too busy, too tired, not wearing the right thing...

But today, I finally did it!  I finally got Jeff to dress up, stand still, and take a nice photo with me LOL!


I sat down the last week of November and started putting together my christmas cards.  Picking out a design that works (its not as easy as you might think to find a format with the proper about of picture spaces) and filling them in with corresponding photos.   Thats when I really started to worry.  Jeff and I had NO pictures of the two of us.  NOT EVEN ONE! well ok, maybe a crazy one here or there that the kids have snapped, but NOTHING nice! Hardly any without our heads cropped off a little, or us as a big blur, or jrff makeing a face!, or some such problem.
see, he is always making a face!

The kiddos got their photos taken this fall by a new friend and they turned out LOVELY! Ever since then, I have been hoping, asking, nagging, begging, pleading.... for Jeff to have a moment long enough for us to get dressed up a little and take pictures together.  I wanted to go out in our pasture and let one of the kids take a few nice pictures of us, hoping that the background would be similar to the kids' so that they would look nice together, but it hasn't worked out.
Aren't they just adorable!

And now it is CHRISTMAS TIME!  AHHH!! I NEED a picture of us, like now!  As the weeks of Dec fly by, we still hadn't gotten a picture.

So today, I set my foot down.  We were going to take a picture if it killed us both! :)  Ok, it wasn't really that bad, I actually just asked him if he would be home most of the morning and if we could take pictures, and he agreed, but still ;)

Here is what we got:

  

  



Ah, here is one that is usable!



Now I just needed to fix it up a bit.

First: I cropped out all the mess in the background :)






Then, I got rid of the background color, and cut out our silhouettes so that I could layer us on a new background.


Next, I cropped out a section of the background from the kids' photo shoot




and lastly, placed us on the background!





Voila! Now we at least kind of look like we coordinate!

If there's a will, there's a way! ( it just took me until 5 days before Christmas!)

Oh well, the cards look nice, and that's all i wanted. ;)





Merry Christmas all, and blessing to you and your families!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment